3rd Party Coaching:
Multi Bike Policy:
Important: For everyone's safety, if your gear does not pass tech or does not meet our requirements, you will not be allowed out on track until the issue has been resolved.
Important: For everyone's safety, if your motorcycle does not pass tech inspection you will not be allowed out on track until the issue has been resolved.
Medical and Motorcycle Insurance:
If the motorcycle is mechanically in working order and can pass tech while meeting the minimum requirement of 250cc on Thunderhill Raceway East as well as Buttonwillow Raceway and 150cc on Thunderhill West, you're good to go and we're excited to have you ride with us.
We’ve got you covered. At all our events at Thunderhill, we will have 5 spots for those with commitment issues.
For $25, you get to ride your very own motorcycle out on the track for (2) two (20) minute sessions in the C Group. Before you can get out on track, your motorcycle must pass tech inspection, you have to have the appropriate gear and you have to attend the mandatory riders meeting.
During your first session, you will follow one of our instructors around the track giving you the chance to check out the track at a controlled speed, observe the lines and body positioning to help you get an idea how it’s done. Once the session is over, you will head over to the club house for your first “Master the Basic” class with Curtis – he brings everything to a level new riders simply GET.
For your second session you can choose to ride one on one with an instructor, or if you feel brave enough give it a shot all by yourself. Once your second session is over, you will head back to the club house for your second “Master the Basics” class. At that point you can decide if you’d like to upgrade your ticket to continue to ride the rest of the day, your $25 will be applied as credit for the upgrade, or just kick back and relax at in the pits. You’re welcome to attend all four classes, including the “Basics of Body Position” either way.
Email is to book your spot and details!
One simple, very important reason. Safety. Riding in the C Group will allow you to participate in the lead and follow session to learn the track lines, check out what our instructors are up to and also participate in our four "Master the Basic" classes that offer a lot of useful information when first starting out on the track.
If at lunch you're up to speed and over C Group, we'll work with you and move you up into the next group.
P.S.: If you want some extra street credit, we'll hook you up with an A sticker at the end of the day. You're welcome. (I mean that friend...)
First, you need to understand that Cali Track Days is our passion project. We all truly believe in our mission - enabling more street riders to come to the track and growing our sport. Track day organizations are a LOT of work and to aid us, we have set up our business operations in a manner that allows us to maintain our day jobs which therefore gives us the liberty to make the choice to not pay ourselves for the work we do. We do most things in-house and what we cannot get done ourselves, we’ve been fortunate enough to source through staff, friends or referrals.
Pricing for our events will vary by the cost of the track rental and the amount of tickets we allocate to the specific event. Track days that are more exclusive, let's say only 20 riders per group, will be a little more expensive, while track days with 45 riders per group will be a little cheaper, as low as $100. With this said, we will never oversell a track day - no one likes a track day that is oversold and overcrowded.
tl;dr no you don't get what you pay for. There's more room out on track because our groups are smaller, you get the same amount of corners to slay and some extra goodies such as coffee, pastries, hydration, some informative classes and cool instructors all inclusive in your track day - we know the little things matter.
We sure do! The best of the best offers four complimentary "Master the Basics" classes.
Please join us in the club house, friends, family and visitors are always welcome as well:
One on one instructions are fully included in your ticket pricing, all you have to do is ask! Our Cali Track Days staff is out on track for you and not free seat time. All our instructors are seasoned street and track guys that understand the struggles and will love to help you get the hang of the track and your machine.
It sure is! FREE Cali Track Days Camping is always available the night before the event. There may or may not be beer.
Please remember, Thunderhill Raceway closes their gates at midnight and opens back up at 6:00am.
Gates at Buttonwillow Raceway remain open all night!
Know what's ahead! Here is a Cali Track Days event schedule:
This schedule will continue until lunch.
This schedule will continue until end of day.
• Standing Yellow: No passing until next turn worker with no yellow flag.
• Waving Yellow: Incident ahead, no passing until next turn worker with no yellow flag.
• Yellow/Red Stripe: Debris on course, avoid it, no passing until next turn worker with no yellow/red stripe flag.
• Green/Black Stripe: Oil/Fluid on course, avoid it, no passing until next turn worker with no green/black stripe flag
• Black Waving: Early end of session, exit into the pits.
• Black Pointed At You: Rules infraction. Complete lap, come to grid control.
• Meatball Black with Orange Dot: Something wrong with you or your bike, if your bike is leaking fluid get off track, if not, complete lap and come to grid control.
• Red: Raise hand, stop as soon and as safe as possible, DO NOT COMPLETE LAP. Stop in either right or left side of the track in view of a flag station.
• Checkered: End of sessions, exit into pits.
• Standing Yellow: You are approaching an incident, no passing until next turn worker with no yellow flag.
• Waving Yellow: Incident directly ahead, no passing until next turn worker with no yellow flag.
• Black pointed at YOU: Something wrong with you or your bike, look down, if your bike is leaking fluid get off track, if not, complete lap and come to grid.
• Red Waiving: Emergency somewhere on track, absolutely no passing, continue at a safe but brisk pace and exit the track.
• Yellow/Red Stripe: Debris on course or oil/fluid on course. Avoid it, no passing until next turn worker with no yellow/red stripe flag. No passing.
• Checkered Flag: End of session. Exit into pits. Follow all track exit procedures.
Entering/Exiting the Track:
• When entering the track, DO NOT APEX TURN 1 and do not blend onto the race line until you reach the 4-foot orange cone.
• When exiting the track, by the time you reach the 4-foot orange cone, go to the far outside of the track and indicate with your arm in the air to the riders behind you that you’re exiting the track.
• C Group: 8 feet passing outside/front/back, no inside passing, must run C pace.
• B Group: 7 feet passing inside/outside/front/back, must run B- pace.
• A Group: 6 feet passing inside/outside/front/back, must run B+ pace.
• The person passing is responsible to pass safely, remember this is not a race. When being passed, please remember to hold your line.
At no time are participants or guests to walk the track before or between sessions.
If you crash, quickly take inventory of yourself. If you can move, get up and get away from your bike. Do not take your helmet off or any of your gear. Do not pick up your bike and do not cross the track. We will come and get you.
If you can’t get up or are seriously hurt, stay down. An ambulance that is on standby will be sent on track. If you’re riding with a friend, and they go down, do not stop and help, we will take care of them.
In the event of an unforeseen ambulance or helicopter ride, we'll be there to help get your stuff together and if needed grab your bike and belongings. Last thing we want you, or your companion, to worry about during an emergency situation is stuff left at the track.
Photo and Video Service:
• [CaliPhotography] will be on site to capture your finest moments on track and in the pits.
• Mauro with [MD Performance] will be on-site to get your bike set up just right
Nutrition and Beverages:
• Cali Track Days will be providing water, drinks and refreshing electrolyte popsicles.
• Thunderhill's delicious cafe will be open for food purchases.
At this time, we do not offer motorcycle, gear, tire warmer or generator rental. Sorry!
However, Thunderhill East and West both have electricity boxes that are available within the pits on a first come first serve basis, generators are not necessary.
Garage rentals are available at Buttonwillow Raceway - please contact Buttonwillow Raceway to make your reservations.
Absolutely, bring'em along.
Dogs are welcome at Thunderhill Raceway and Buttonwillow Raceway but must be kept on leash at all times and are not allowed inside any of the facilities. Keep in mind it can get hot out there, so please make appropriate arrangements to keep your doggo comfortable (and your guests). Remember, if your dog poops you scoop - please be responsible and don't ruin it for everyone else.